Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Last Song

The last song I sang to Alan was, embarrassingly, Idiot Boyfriend from SNL way back when (song starts at about 1:13).


It was on a mixed CD that Laura Winterstein had made me to play in my Aquafresh-colored Saturn, and Alan and I loved to goof around and play it while I was driving. It came up as we were driving back from a comedy show -- definitely more on that later. I think I mentioned something that Jimmy Fallon had done on the Tonight Show recently. He told me he followed the Tonight Show pretty closely. He liked Jimmy's funny little skits, and especially liked the musical ones. He was thinking more like this one, where Jimmy impersonates Neil Young, and sings Sexy and I Know It with Bruce Springsteen.





I find myself wondering who is going to put up with my horrible falsetto now. Sometimes, it was hard to tell if Alan was listening, mainly because of the processing delay it took him before he would respond. But, it was clear to those who knew him best that he was actually a great listener. I felt at ease around him, even when he was clearly not at ease. I think he could have that effect on people.

No comments:

Post a Comment