Saturday, November 15, 2014

I want to believe...

Alan often watched shows that I had watched when I was younger. When I got Netflix, the whole family started mooching off my account. Alan went through a lot of the old X-Files episodes, and it was great to be able to share this with him.


He was far too young when the show was on, but he seemed so interested in what I was into back in the day. My favorite story about this theme song is a story told by David Duchovny on some talk show. Apparently, Mark Snow, the composer, told him that there are lyrics to this song:

  " The X-Files is a show
   With music by Mark Snow...."

I find myself wanting to believe things about Alan -- to assign significance to every little thing. But the Scully in me shuts it all down. One thing I have learned in this time of grief and recovery is that it's okay to be a bit out there. If it gets you through the day, go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment