Thursday, November 27, 2014

Allegro ma non troppo

As I mentioned in an earlier entry, Alan and I were always sharing internet memes and YouTube videos with each other. I talked about the last one he shared with me. This is one of the first I shared with him -- the literal music video for Total Eclipse of the Heart.


One of the first videos he shared with me was this one (warning: a bit disturbing):


This video actually predates YouTube. He showed it to me on an earlier video sharing site, the name of which I have totally forgotten. You may recognize the animation, by Don Hertzfeldt. He does the Pop Tarts "crazy good" commercials now. And the music, by Beethoven.

Now, these videos make me remember good times with him goofing off. They make me happy, but not quite like they used to. With the passing weeks, I see a bit more fondness in reminiscence, a bit less sadness in loss. I am hopeful that this trend will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment