Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Like an Angel

Alan and I played a fair deal of Rock Band, but it was usually me who wanted to play. In retrospect, it wasn't playing this game that brought us together. It was talking about the music. I heard so many stories about his life that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have heard otherwise.


He told me about his friend who could, in full-out voice, sing this song.


He told me about seeing the Flaming Lips at Summerfest. He told other stories about Summerfest, things that were awesome, and things that were not so awesome, breathtaking performances, trouble he got in.

I guess it was just an opportunity to bond. Sometimes, I got the sense he was almost just doing it to humor me. Sometimes, I felt like he was testing me, seeing if he could divulge some bit of himself without my judging him. I think I usually passed the test, but other times, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment